New, Improved NILS Loans!
- up to $1200
- expanded range of items
The NIL$ Network provides interest-free loans of up to $1200 for essential household items, such as fridges, washing machines, beds and hot water systems.
NILS loans are also available for:
- Car Registration
- Car Repairs and Car Tyres
- Computers (no restrictions)
- Dentures and Orthodontic Treatment
- Household Repairs and Maintenance
- School Trips
- Carpets and curtains (restrictions apply)
To be eligible for a loan you must:
- Have a current Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
- Have lived at your current address for at least six months
- Be able to repay the loan.
NILS Network Energy Saver Loans and Subsidies
Round 4 commences April 2017
With the support of the Aurora Energy ‘YES’ Program and the State government, The NILS Network of Tasmania will offer subsidies* and loans for the purchase of energy efficient items:
- 50% subsidy applied to the purchase and installation of energy efficient items
- Eligible Items:
- Washing Machines (min. 3 star rating)
- Fridges/Freezers (min. 3 star rating)
- Dyson AMO5/AM09 plug-in heaters
- Blockout curtains and pelmets **
2 quotes required for:
- Heat Pumps (min. 2.5 star heating rating) **
- Insulation (minimum ratings apply) **
- Condensation Control System **
- Air-source heat pump hot water system **
- Solar hot water system **
* Funds are limited. Subsidies are available only while funds last. NILS will provide advice to Delivery Partners when subsidy funds are near to fully subscribed.
Funds available for the subsidy of these items is very limited and subsidies are only available while funds last.
** Maximum combined loan and subsidy for these items is $3000.
Where the cost (including installation) of the required energy efficient item is more than $3000, and the applicant does not have the capacity to pay the balance, NILS reserves the right to increase the combined maximum to $3600.
Any decision to do this will be based on information (bank and income statements) provided with the application.
Interested in finding our more about NILS? We have brochures available at the House or visit the NILS website at http://www.nilstasmania.org.au/ or call 1300 301 650